Thursday, September 29, 2011

Unsettled


Why does not knowing cause so much unrest
all I want to know, is everything okay at best?

It is hard to rope in the imagination
when there is no news, like sitting at a station

waiting and waiting, just to hear the whistle blow
to be settled and know that it is safe to go.

It is a hard place to have to trust
what is out of my hands, to wait is a must

I can shout, I hate this feeling, not knowing!
but all that really matters if I can keep going.


To be in a place of uncertainty is painful
do I draw on the past and get laid low?
or rest in the grace He has given for this hour
to allow Him to release me from anxiety with His power.

Oh how my heart would jump for joy to hear news
all the wait and worry would vanish with the blues

what is within my abilities is the task at hand
to rein in my thoughts and understand.

How many times did alarm vanish
when I relaxed and forced it to banish

Oh the struggles I want to hold
when release and take courage I am told.



cJennylynn 2-24-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment