Saturday, March 10, 2012

Liberty


Where there is liberty there is life says my Lord
Where there is secrecy there is shame
How have I been holding on to a severed cord
He shows me and how I have been maimed

Liberty is Truth and the Lord says he is the Truth
the way and the life, so Truth is a person
Liberty comes in and frees from a chained booth
of lies, worldly wisdom and eternal separation

Liberty from my fallen way
equals freedom from
the death I have to pay

Liberty from pleasing man
equals freedom from condemnation
for man doesn't define who I am
the One who died for me delights in celebration

Freedom from sin that so easily snares
Liberty of knowing who really cares
Freedom to rejoice
equals liberty to have a voice

Freedom from bondage
equals liberty of an abundant life
full of treasures as I age
so I can in turn reach those in much strife


cjennylynn 7/2010
photo compliments of Scolly

No comments:

Post a Comment