Thursday, September 15, 2011

Storm


Storm
I stand in a calm not of my own, gazing at the storm on the horizon

My heart is pounding but my mind keeps my emotions from rising.

Black and furious with lightning etching wild streaks on its canvas,
The winds pronouncing what I see, my conviction is strong for us.

I can tackle what fury creation can unleash,
But what is coming for me will hurt my loved ones in its reach.

The storm will bring a brighter morning,
Life blooms out of the ashes
Black clouds carry the silver lining
Storm waves destroy as it crashes

Strongholds and bondage it releases.
The storm I must face,
its pain I embrace.

The storm was long set before me,
Out of my hands
for a reason I half understand.

cjennylynn 2-2010
photo by me, coming home from Chicago

1 comment:

  1. I took this photo coming through Louisville, Ky on the way home from Chicago....so bizarre, not knowing if I was driving into a tornado, heck, couldn't barley see the road! What to do? I drove through it, just in time! Jennylynn

    ReplyDelete